Trigonometry Book Keepers

So, I'm in the middle of trying to pare down my home library, and I started this leg of the journey with a trigonometry textbook that I got (I think) from the local college library. I thought (at the time) would be a good book for my son. He never really used it, but it stuck around, because I became a substitute teacher, and I thought maybe (ha!) it might be useful for the high schoolers.

After reading through the book, I ripped out a few pages having to do with significant figures, taking trigonometric functions of real numbers (as opposed to angles), and areas of triangles (and tossed the rest in the recycling bin because no one will take old textbooks any more for use😢). In order to get all this onto the web for posterity (so I could recycle these remaining pages of the book), I needed a way to get math onto the blog. I did a little searching, and came across the CodeCogs site, with a handy plug-in. Now, all I have to do is find a handy math-to-LaTeX converter, and I can display some of the cool things I want to get down here.

For now, I'm using the examples on the CodeCogs site:

Einstein's most famous equation is \[E=mc^2\]. Newton derived the equation \[s=ut+\frac{1}{2}at^2\]

And here's more, taken from a math to LaTeX site called Mathcha:

\[\int ^{a}_{b} f'( x) dx=f( b) -f( a)\]

Seems to look OK (though not great) on the preview, so I'll post this, and then keep looking. Stand by for really cool formulas for calculating the area of a triangle, given the lengths of the three sides...

Comments

Popular Posts